Stuff we need

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Miranda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stuff we need

Post by Miranda » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:14 am

Grocery list - some of the stuff the town may already have but I didn't want to let things slip through the cracks so lets start making a list:

Sound panels - as per Jody at the Nov.29 meeting
Piano - craigslist?
Drapes - I can sew and have a sewing machine but the kind of drapes we need may require a commercial type sewing machine. The Post Mills Airport has some for balloons and Brian may lend. note to self - start looking for fabric online.

Denis
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Stuff we need

Post by Denis » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Touchscreen computer or tablet - for ticketing (must be Windows-based to use Catamount system)
Printer for computer - color capability may be handy
Small refrigerator - for concessions (keeping drinks cold)
Seating - possibly in the works, as discussed

Miranda

Post by Miranda » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:37 am

RE: Piano - I saw Georgette last night and she tells me Cathy McGrath is donating an upright Steinway piano to the space
RE: Drapes Valley Floors wants to bid on drapes. I'll follow up on that because I am unsure of what specifications they have. The drapes need to be light proof and they need to be large enough so that light doesn't get in around the edges.

Gayc

Post by Gayc » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:05 pm

I have an iPad that I could contribute to Fairlee Community Arts. I'll be back to Fairlee in March and can wipe it.

Gay-C

Miranda

Post by Miranda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:44 am

Gay-c, thanks! For ticketing we need Windows based and as Jody said at one point a touchscreen is really useful for that. But I can see using that iPad with a video editing app on it for doing short videos as promotions.

Denis

Post by Denis » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 am

This is kind of random, but I was just thinking about wireless networks and realized that's something we may need to set up at some point down the road. (Not sure what type of connection/speed the town hall has and whether or not they'd be willing to let us use it. We may want/need our own network in any case to ensure a fast, reliable connection, particularly if we want to offer guest access to people who use the space.)

Miranda

Post by Miranda » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 pm

The ticket booth area is getting wired for ethernet access to the town hall network, the assumption seems to be we'll use it for ticketing. Adding another wireless network would need to involve All Access InfoTech (town hall network support), can be tricky.

Miranda

Re: Stuff we need - sound system

Post by Miranda » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 am

The space will need some sort of sound system to be resident - even town meeting will probably need something. I am assuming that the PA used at the school is owned by the school.
Not knowing what sort of price we are looking at I see systems from a couple hundred dollars to three thousand. This is probably something the selectboard already has in mind. Their requirements might not coincide with ours. They'd be more thinking of microphones and voices rather than playing music. I think the town has to budget something for this. Maybe Tim Mikovitz can advise us.
https://www.wirerealm.com/guides/top-10-best-pa-systems

Denis

Sound system

Post by Denis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm

We should get Chris Brimmer to give us copies of the quotes he got from the sound companies I put him in touch with. (I know that at least one of them came to the town hall because I was there with Chris and the sound guy.) I have emailed Chris to ask him for this information.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 am

Do we or the Town already have access to a sound engineer specializing in musical productions? If not, George Morris (Vermont Instruments) says he may have someone. I'll follow up if you want...